Education and training
I studied Clinical Psychology at the University of Amsterdam. During the years I have also followed a Shiatsu course and a Thai Massage course (In Thailand) and an Ayuverdic massage course in India. For a couple of years, I co-created a coaching company with three other therapists. After my travels, I worked for a year offering therapy focused on MBCT (mindfulness based Cognitive Therapy).
Hereafter I worked for 6 years at a clinic as a psychologist mainly working with Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT). During these 6 years I also graduated from a post-doc study called the GZ-opleiding, the ‘next level’ training in the Netherlands to work in the healthcare system. During my first pregnancy I became a Mindfulness Trainer (See True) which I also offered at my work to clients.
After the birth of my first daughter I came in touch with Mindfulness Based Childbirth and Parenting Program (MBCP), a Mindfulness training designed by Nancy Bardacke for expectant couples. MBCP made so much sense to me I fell in love with it. This past year I have been further training myself in understanding better labor pain, pregnancy massage and training to be a registered Doula.
Degrees and courses
- University degree in Clinical Psychology, cum laude (University of Amsterdam)
- GZ-Psycholoog degree (Big-registration)
- Certification as Mindfulness instructor (MBSR level 1 See true)
- Certificate of teacher in Mindfulness-based Childbirth and Parenting Program (trained by Nancy Bardacke)
- Doula in training (JJ Doula)
- Course in pregnancy massage (Embracing birth)
- Course in course Baringspijn (labor pain, by Ben van Cranenburgh and Irena Veringa)
- Course in Shiatsu massage
- Course in Ayurvedic massage (Ayurveda yoga retreat India)
- Course in Thai massage (In Thailand)
- MBCP week retreat with Nancy Bardacke 2016
- Mind in Labor weekend course with Nancy Bardacke (MBCP Brussels and Paris)
- Intensive Weekend Workshops in Yoga: Teressa Caldas, Orit Sen Gupta, Aadil Palkhivala
- Registered in the NBvD (Nederlandse beroepsvereniging voor Doula’s, student registration)
- Registered in the VVM (Vereniging voor Mindfulness)